NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The Carpet One Floor & Home® Who's Your Superhero Contest ("Contest") is an online Contest. The Contest begins on 3/1/11 at 12:00:00 AM (ET) and ends on 4/29/11 at 11:59:59 AM (ET) ("Contest Period"). The Contest Period consists of a submission period ("Submission Period") that begins on 3/1/11 at 12:00:00 AM (ET) and ends on 4/29/11 at 11:59:59 AM (ET); and a simultaneous Public Voting & Judging Panel Period to determine the Grand Prize winner ("Grand Prize Judging Period") that begins on 3/1/11 and ends on 5/6/11. For purposes of this Contest, a "Superhero" must be a sole individual and not a group; and he/she must be personally known to the nominator submitting the entry. Nominations which include false or misleading information, as determined in Sponsor's sole discretion, will be void. The details of Submission Period and the Grand Prize Judging Period are more fully set forth below.
- HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Contest, the nominator will go to www.carpetone.com/performanceproducts ("Website"), complete the online registration, and then type your essay submission in the area provided on Website in response to the question, "Who's Your Superhero?" Essay submissions must be typed in English and must be no more than three hundred (300) words in length. For purposes of this Contest, an "Entry" is defined as an essay. All eligible entries will be posted on the Website in the public viewing gallery after pre-screening approval by CCA Global Partners, Inc. d/b/a Carpet One Floor & Home® (the "Sponsor") or its designee. Submissions that are not compliant with the entry submission criteria as noted in these Official Rules will not be posted and will be considered void. Limit one (1) nomination per person for the Promotion Period.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, an entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry, provided that person meets all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. "Authorized Account Holder" means the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entrants may not participate with multiple e-mail addresses, nor may entrants use any device to enter as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses or under multiple identities will be disqualified from participation in the Contest and all entries submitted by that entrant will be void.
All entries must be the original work of the entrant, never been previously published, must not infringe on any third party rights, and may not include content which is offensive, violent or suggested violence, derogatory, sexually suggestive, obscene, defamatory, explicit language or imagery or is otherwise inappropriate for publication in general circulation, or depicts the Sponsor and/or any of their products in a manner which is not consistent with its positive image and/or their approved trademark use, all in the sole determination of Sponsor. No other manufacturers' products are permitted in any submission. No trademarks, brands, or other intellectual property not owned by entrant may be used in the entry. Entries cannot depict the Sponsor's products being utilized in any way other than as directed by the Sponsor, and cannot depict unsafe or illegal behavior. By entering the Contest, the entrant gives Sponsor the right to use, edit, or publish the entry without further compensation and winner assigns all rights, title and interest in the submission to the Sponsor, and, if required, will sign any documents necessary to transfer copyright and rights of publicity and/or procure the same from the natural person who is the subject of the entry, where permitted by law. Submission of an entry further constitutes the entrant's consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to Sponsor any all rights, title and interest in the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights and rights of publicity. Nominator of submission may have to certify in writing that his/her entry was original and produced by the entrant and no other person or entity holds rights to entry. All entry materials become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of e-mail address, mailing address and/or phone number of entrants. No automated entry devices, bots and/or other programs and/or software are permitted for entry. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic.
- NOMINATOR ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, the District of Columbia, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are the age of majority or older in their state/province of primary residence at the time of entry. Employees of CCA Global Partners, Inc. d/b/a Carpet One Floor & Home® ("Sponsor"), its retailers, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion and other agencies and their immediate family members and/or those persons living in the same household of each and employees of any competitive manufacturer and/or retailer are not eligible to participate. Void in Quebec and where otherwise prohibited by law. This Contest is governed by U.S. federal and state laws, where applicable.
- PUBLIC VOTING & JUDGING PANEL PROCESS: All entries submitted during the Submission Period will posted online at the Website to be voted on by the general public and to be judged by the Judging Panel. The general public will vote online for their favorite entry – this will constitute 15% of the score for the Entry. Limit one (1) vote per person, per calendar day. A judging panel comprised of the Sponsor and its designees ("Judging Panel") will judge all entries based on the following judging criteria – this will constitute 85% of the score for the Entry: Originality of entry – 60%; and Relevance of entry to theme of Contest – 40%. The entry that receives the highest score from the combination of the Public Voting & Judging Panel will be declared the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, the winning entry will be the entry that scores the highest from the Judging Panel in the "Originality of entry" category. The nominator of the winning entry and his/her Superhero will be notified by phone, mail and/or e-mail at Sponsor's discretion. Decisions of Sponsor shall be final and binding on all matters in this Contest. For Canadian residents only: To claim a prize, a Canadian resident must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, a mathematical skill-testing question at a mutually agreed upon time. The question must be answered correctly within a pre-determined amount of time. In the event that it is not answered correctly, the selected person will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the judging criteria as set forth in these Official Rules.
- PRIZE AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV): One (1) Grand Prize – The Superhero featured in the winning entry will receive a 4-day/3-night trip for winner and three (3) guests to Universal Studios Orlando in Orlando, FL (ARV $5,000USD). Prize includes round trip coach-class air transportation for winner and three (3) guests from major airport nearest winner's home to Orlando, FL; 3-nights lodging for four (4) at an Orlando-area Sponsor-selected hotel (based on quad occupancy); admission for four (4) for two (2) days to Universal Studios Orlando theme park; 4-days use of a mid-class rental car (to be awarded in the form of a check for $300USD to winner). Use of rental car subject to the terms and conditions of the rental agency. Trip must be taken by 12/31/11 or prize will be forfeited in its entirety. Winner and guests must travel on same itinerary. Trip prize must be scheduled through Sponsor or its designated travel provider and winner must request travel a minimum of sixty (60) days prior to travel date desired. Airline and/or hotel black-out dates may apply. Actual retail value of prize may vary depending on winner's residence and may fluctuate due to market conditions, changes in value of components, (e.g. air transportation and hotel rates) and other variables. If, in Sponsor's sole discretion, air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to Orlando, FL, Sponsor will substitute air transportation with ground transportation between winner's residence and hotel, and the difference in value will not be awarded. Grand Prize does not include taxes, tips, gratuities, meals, service charges, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, local and long distance telephone calls, airport charges, or any other service or item not specifically described above. Unclaimed prize will not be awarded. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the prize recipient. The nominator is not entitled to any prize in this Contest. In the event the prize recipient is a U.S. resident – he/she will be required to provide their personal tax identification number (i.e. Social Security number, etc.) and he/she will receive a 1099 tax form for the approximate retail value of the prize.
- GENERAL: Potential Grand Prize winning prize recipient will be required to sign and return a notarized Liability Release and, where permitted by law, Publicity Release within ten (10) days after first notification attempt. Guests of Grand Prize winner (if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must also sign and return a Liability/Publicity Release prior to awarding of prize. If prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected according to the judging criteria set forth above. In the event a winner should refuse/decline his/her prize, Sponsor and its respective advertising and promotional agencies are released from any obligation related to the prize. No correspondence will be acknowledged. No cash equivalents, substitutions or transfer of prize permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. Subject to all federal and state laws/regulations. Neither Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies nor their employees will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winner's agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winner's name, address, likeness, entry and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without notice or consent and without further consideration or payment to winner, where allowed by law. By accepting any prize, winner agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor, its related, affiliated, and subsidiary companies and their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns against any and all claims and liability arising out of use or participation in the Contest, or any prize related activities or in the acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize. By participating in this Contest, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer or in administration of the Contest.
- INTERNET: Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Sponsor, not at the time of transmission by the entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, misdirected or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its' sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In the event the online entry portion of the Contest is terminated for any reason, the winner will be determined using the judging criteria as provided herein from among all valid entries received up to the point of the action taken by Sponsor provided there are a sufficient number of valid entries received. Caution: Any attempt by an individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual to the fullest extent of the law. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual damages, including costs associated with entering the contest, and in no event shall include consequential damages or attorney's fees.
- WINNER'S LIST: For name of Grand Prize winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 7/1/11 to: Carpet One Floor & Home® Who's Your Superhero Contest, Attn: Winner's List, 670 North Commercial Street, Manchester, NH 03101. Winner's list to be available after 6/1/11.
- SPONSOR: CCA Global Partners, Inc. d/b/a Carpet One Floor & Home, 670 North Commercial Street, Manchester NH 03101.
® 2011 Carpet One Floor & Home
Universal Studios is not a sponsor or co-sponsor of this promotion.